Alkaline Pitcher 3.5L by ENVIRO PRODUCTS
ENVIRO PRODUCTS Alkaline Pitcher Filter - 3.5L
Filtration: Each cartridge can alkalize and ﬁlter up to 300 litres of water. For optimal performance replace ﬁlter every 2 months. Includes digital indicator to remind you when to replace the cartridge.
ANTIOXIDANTS: The Enviro Products Alkaline Pitcher Filter adds negative hydroxyl ions, which lowers the ORP (oxidative reduction potential) giving the water molecules a negative charge. Water from the Enviro Products Alkaline Filter Pitcher has an ORP ranging from -200 to -400. ORP measures the level of antioxidants in water (the lower the number, the better).
The Enviro Products Alkaline Pitcher Filter raises pH to 8.5 - 9.5 by adding the perfect balance of naturally ionised magnesium, potassium, calcium, and sodium.
USING YOUR PITCHER FILTER
1. Remove the ﬁlter from the foil bag.
2. Soak the new ﬁlter in cold water for 15 minutes.
3. Install the ﬁlter in the reservoir and press it ﬁrmly into place to make sure no water can seep along the outside of the ﬁlter.
4. Fill the reservoir with cold water and wait for the water to ﬁlter into the pitcher. Pour out the initial ﬁltered water and repeat this process twice to rinse away loose activated carbon particles (black). Once complete the ﬁltered water will appear clear, signifying that it is ready to drink.
5. Set the indicator.
NOTE: Never use hot water in pitcher ﬁlter. Fill the pitcher by pouring water on the side of the reservoir instead of on top of the ﬁlter. The water ﬁlters through, slowly. This is normal because the ﬁlter slowly releases the minerals into the water, increasing the water pH.
CARING FOR YOUR PITCHER FILTER
1. The lid should preferably be placed on top of the reservoir.
2. Do not place the ﬁlter directly under running water. Always use cold water.
3. After a while the water may appear somewhat cloudy. This is due to mineral deposits that settle at the bottom of the pitcher. Clean the pitcher (not the ﬁlter!) with mild soap and the pitcher is once again ready for use.
4. Avoid dehydration of the ﬁlter by ﬁlling it to the brim every night before you go to bed or if you won’t be using it for several days.
5. Minimise exposure of the ﬁlter to direct sunlight or to extreme heat for long periods of time.
6. In exceptional cases the ﬁlter may get clogged by grains that become lodged at the bottom of the ﬁlter. Take care of the problem by tapping the ﬁlter repeatedly.
7. To guarantee optimum quality of your drinking water we recommend replacing the ﬁlter at regular intervals (every 2 months). It’s best to use the time indicator correctly for this purpose.
Replacing your filter
Your ﬁlter has a life of approx. 300 litres of water. The indicator counts down from 60 days to 0. Every 15 days one bar disappears from the indicator. After 60 days all bars are gone and the number 0 will blink on the indicator to remind you that the ﬁlter needs replacing. For optimum results we recommend replacing the ﬁlter every 2 months.
1. Remove and throw away the old ﬁlter.
2. Install the new ﬁlter in the reservoir.
3. Reset the indicator
SETTING THE LIFE INDICATOR
1. Press and hold the button until the symbols appear on the display. Release the button. The indicator is now ready for use.
2. When installing a new ﬁlter you should also reset indicator by holding the button for at least 15 seconds until the display reads 60 (days) again.
3. To deactivate the display: hold the button for several seconds, then release. No more symbols should be displayed.