• Soothing, Nourishing, Moisturising
• Has Potent Antioxidant and Antibacterial Properties
• Accelerates the Healing of Burns
• Improves Skin Elasticity and Helps to Prevent Wrinkles
• Reduces Dental Plaque
Aloe Vera has been used for a host of purposes since the ancient Egyptians called it the “plant of immortality”. Since then, its uses have become more targeted and medicinal, and it’s one of the leading therapies for sunburn. Various studies have been conducted to examine the benefits of the aloe vera plant and it was found to have several properties that make it effective in treating a number of skin and other personal health concerns such as dry skin, wrinkles, stretch marks, hair /scalp problems and periodontal disease. Not surprising, as aloe gel is nutritionally rich containing 75 different nutrients including vitamins A, C and E, minerals, enzymes, sugars, phenolic compounds, saponins, sterols, amino acids and salicylic acid.
Aloe helps with sunburn through its powerful healing activity at the epithelial level of the skin. It acts as a protective layer on the skin and helps to retain moisture. It moisturizes without giving the skin a greasy feel, so it’s ideal for people with an oily skin complexion. A perfect anti-age helper that can improve the skin’s natural firmness and keep the skin hydrated. Additionally, because of its nutritional qualities and antioxidant properties skin heals more quickly. For these reasons it is an effective treatment for the inflammation associated with acne and small cuts caused by shaving. Lastly, aloe soothes gum tissue swollen from gingivitis. It reduces the bleeding and inflammation associated with periodontal disease.
As an added benefit, it is a powerful antiseptic that works in dental pockets where normal cleaning is difficult.
Dr. Organic is dedicated to creating unique, natural products which are functional by design and formulated to capture the key active properties of the featured ingredient within a product range. They source a wide variety of accredited and certified organic ingredients from around the World including; 1.) Organic aloe vera, which replaces the majority of water in products that are not oil based, 2.) A variety of organic plant oils, butters and extracts that are used throughout all the product ranges, and 3.) Emulsifiers, emollients and preservatives permitted by Organic Cosmetics Standard.
• Organic Ingredients: We strive to use organically grown ingredients. When an organic ingredient cannot be used we always source sustainable natural alternatives.
• Bioactive Ingredients: We use certified bioactive extracts to ensure each product is truly functional by nature.
• No Harsh Chemicals: We do not use ingredients often criticised for their side effects. We never use parabens, sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) perfumes or artificial fragrances.
• No Animal Ingredients: All our products are suitable for vegetarians. In some instances we use by- products from animals such as snail gel or as in the case of bee’s wax, honey, propolis, and royal jelly.
• No Animal Testing: Our Products are always tested on human volunteers to ensure they are entirely safe and effective. No animal tests are ever performed on finished products or raw materials.
• No Mineral Oils: Petro-chemicals such as paraffin and petroleum are avoided, plant based oils and extracts are used.
• No GM Ingredients: Genetically modified or genetically engineered organisms are avoided to ensure all formulations are as natural as possible.
• Preservatives: Where necessary preservatives are used to guarantee product safety and shelf life. Only the highest grade broad spectrum naturally derived preservatives are used.