Dr. Organic Lavender Oil 10ml
Health Benefits for Overall Use:
• Rapid Healing for Sunburn and Dry Skin
• Reduces Scarring
• Improves Eczema and Psoriasis
• Restores Skin Complexion and Reduces Acne
• Promotes Hair Growth
• Keeps Scalp and Hair Healthy by Killing Lice & Nits
• Excellent Insect Repellent
• Helps to Sooth Insect Bites by Reducing Itching, Swelling & Redness
• Intensely Aromatic
• Sweet & Fragrant
• Promotes Feelings of Wellbeing
• Harmonises Mind & Body
Lavender has been used for over 2,500 years. Ancient Persians, Greeks and Romans added the flowers to their bath water to help wash and purify their skin. In Medieval and Renaissance Europe, it was scattered all over stone castle floors as a natural disinfectant and deodorizer. Not surprising then that today, due to lavender’s anti-microbial properties it is used in natural cleansing products for both personal and household use.
Lavender ( Lavandula angustifolia ) has a scent that’s a wonderful blend of fresh, floral, clean and calm. It’s this dynamic aroma that has made the flower a classic for perfumes, soaps, fresheners and beauty products. Lavender essential oil isn’t just a favorite because of its classic scent-it’s also highly versatile. From skin care products to relaxing routines, this oil can infuse many areas of your life.
Benefits of Lavender Oil:
Lavender oil is known for its anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antiseptic, antibacterial, antidepressant and sedative effects. Due to its anti-microbial and antioxidant characteristics lavender can have profound benefits for your skin. Your complexion improves when bacteria are kept in check due to the antiseptic properties of lavender oil. This means you will have fewer acne break outs, and infections if you are treating cuts, scrapes or insect bites. Your skin heals faster too! Additionally, when inflammation is reduced there is less redness and blotchiness in the appearance of your skin. Lastly, as a circulatory stimulant lavender helps to increase blood flow, bringing more nutrients and oxygen to skin cells. The result is more glowing, healthier looking skin.
Lavender, used as an ingredient in skincare products is highly effective; calming, balancing and invigorating the skin. It also enhances natural cell renewal, improving the skin’s health and texture, so the skin is smoother, softer and more luminous. Containing powerful antioxidants, a lavender wash will help to prevent and counteract the irritating effects of pollutants. It nourishes and fortifies the hair leaving it in perfect condition. Amazingly, lavender infused facial or body cleansers can calm your skin as well as your nerves.
Since Lavender Oil is both a nutrient and an antioxidant, the oil in its purest form is extremely versatile. Applying Lavender oil on a variety of problem areas in your life can go a long way for healthier hair, skin and nails. Try Dr. Organic Lavender Oil for all your home remedy applications. See following Recipes.
Recipes for Skin Conditions:
For Burns or Eczema: Mix lavender essential oil with coconut oil in 1:5 ratio.
For Sunburn, Minor Cuts and Scrapes, and Dry Skin: Add 10 drops of lavender to 1 ounce of aloe vera gel.
For Bug Repellent: Apply to skin where bites most likely occur. Make sure to dilute lavender essential oil with some carrier oil (ex. almond oil) to avoid possible skin irritation.
As a Natural Perfume, Non-Toxic Air Freshener or Sleep Aid: 2 drops in ½ cup water in spray.
Other Health Benefits:
• Reduces Anxiety and Emotional Stress
• Improves Sleep
• Alleviates Headaches
To ease anxiety, scent your bedroom or office with a lavender oil home fragrance, followingthe recipe listed above. There is compelling scientific evidence that inhaling lavender oil increases alpha-wave activity which elicits relaxation.
• Using air freshener recipe listed above spraying near bed or on pillow.
• Take a bath before bedtime combining 1 cup Epsom salts and 15 drops lavender oil.
• A combination of lavender oil, roman chamomile and magnesium oil is the best overall combination for improving sleep. Apply to the thin skin areas of your body for best absorption or, to areas with constricted muscles for tension relief.
To alleviate headache:
Combine 2 drops each of lavender and peppermint oil in the palm of your hand. Rub mixture on temples along with inhaling oil blend.
Dr. Organic Commitment:
Dr. Organic is dedicated to creating unique, natural products which are functional by design and formulated to capture the key active properties of the featured ingredient within a product range. They source a wide variety of accredited and certified organic ingredients from around the World including; 1.) Organic aloe vera, which replaces the majority of water in products that are not oil based, 2.) A variety of organic plant oils, butters and extracts that are used throughout all the product ranges, and 3.) Emulsifiers, emollients and preservatives permitted by Organic Cosmetics Standard.
Dr. Organic Promise:
• Organic Ingredients: We strive to use organically grown ingredients. When an organic ingredient cannot be used we always source sustainable natural alternatives.
• Bioactive Ingredients: We use certified bioactive extracts to ensure each product is truly functional by nature.
• No Harsh Chemicals: We do not use ingredients often criticised for their side effects. We never use parabens, sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) perfumes or artificial fragrances.
• No Animal Ingredients: All our products are suitable for vegetarians. In some instances we use by- products from animals as in the case of bee’s wax, honey, propolis, or royal jelly.
• No Animal Testing: Our Products are always tested on human volunteers to ensure they are entirely safe and effective. No animal tests are ever performed on finished products or raw materials.
• No Mineral Oils: Petro-chemicals such as paraffin and petroleum are avoided, plant based oils and extracts are used.
• No GM Ingredients: Genetically modified or genetically engineered organisms are avoided to ensure all formulations are as natural as possible.
• Preservatives: Where necessary preservatives are used to guarantee product safety and shelf life. Only the highest grade broad spectrum naturally derived preservatives are used.
Lavendula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Oil, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool