Pete Evans - Little Penguin Glass Water Filter Bottle (Grey) 500ml by ecobud
• Uses 4 Stage Filtration System
• Removes Chlorine
• Removes Bacteria
• Reduces Fluoride
• Alkaline Level pH 8.0 – 8.5
• BPA, BPS & Phthalate Free
• Resilient Glass Reinforced With Protective Silicone
• Easy One Hand Operation With Ergonomic Loop Latch
• Reusable & Recyclable
• Disposable Filters
• Australian Designed
Pete Evans - Little Penguin Glass Water Filter Bottle is the smart and eco-friendly way to reduce plastic waste while feeling 100% hydrated no matter where you are or what you are doing. The newest product addition to the ecobud range of Alkaline Water Filter Bottles the Little Penguin Glass also removes many of the undesirable chemicals from regular tap water leaving you with healthy, great tasting liquid refreshment. A perfect way to always have filtered alkalized water (pH 8.0 – 8.5) at your disposal and at an economical price! This handy, lightweight, resilient glass bottle, reinforced with protective silicone, is great to take to the gym, school, camping, hiking, or anyplace you need to fill up throughout the day. Each disposable ecobud Little Penguin Alkaline Water Filter is usable for approximately 150 litres or 2 months. Bottles are available in three soft and soothing colours (aqua, pink, and grey).
The process of re-establishing an acid-alkaline balance begins with the inclusion of a proper diet and good nutrition into our daily routine. The “alkaline” in alkaline water refers to its pH level. The pH level is a number that measures how acidic or alkaline a substance is on a scale of 0-14. For example, something with a pH of 1 would be very acidic, and something with a pH of 13 would be very alkaline. Alkaline water has a higher pH level than regular drinking water. Because of this, some advocates of alkaline water believe it can neutralize the acid in your body resulting in improved overall health. Normal drinking water is generally a neutral pH of 7. Alkaline water generally has a pH of 8 or 9. Water that is naturally alkaline occurs when water passes over rocks – like springs – and picks up minerals, which increase its alkaline level. Naturally-occurring mineral water contains alkalizing compounds, such as calcium, silica, potassium, magnesium, and bicarbonate. Increased mineral content may improve the hydration effect of water.
Little Penguin Alkaline Water Filters 4 Stage Process (Australian Patented):
1. The first layer of the filter is a PPF membrane which filters out small particles like sand, rust and oil.
2. The second stage involves a Silver Activated Carbon Medium which captures and holds on to contaminants in the water as they come into contact with the filter. The Carbon Medium removes unpleasant tastes and odour-producing chemicals like chlorine.
3. The third stage involves passing the water through a Calcium Ionised Clay medium which releases activated calcium ions into the water and increases the alkalinity of the water to a pH of 8.0 – 8.5.
4. The fourth stage of filtration involves water passing through an additional PPF filter membrane to ensure that any residual particles are effectively removed.