Help for Depression and Anxiety by Dr Sandra Cabot
Depression has recently been quoted in the newspapers as 'the most predicted common ailment of the 21st century". It is still mostly misunderstood and unfortunately the stigma associated with it remains pervasive. This is because a depressive illness often masquerades as something else, and it is still minimised as an illness; however, it can wreak havoc in the quality of a person's physical and mental health.
In this book Dr Sandra Cabot provides you with practical help to overcome emotional illness, stress, anxiety and unhappiness.
You will learn about:
- Modern day antidepressant drugs and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Natural hormones such as progesterone, testosterone, DHEA, thyroid hormone and melatonin and how to use these modern-day hormones to balance your nerves.
- Natural dietary supplements and herbs that can strengthen your entire nervous system.
- How to use amino acids to boost brain chemicals known as neurotransmitters.
- Brain boosting foods and lifestyle strategies.
- Dopamine deficiency and its role in eating disorders and weight excess.
- How to boost your dopamine levels to help you lose weight for the long term.
- Panic attacks and self-help techniques to control them.
- A practical plan that you can tailor make for yourself to gain more control over your emotions and state of mind so that you can become the best you can be.
- It is important to understand the brain's chemistry so that we can achieve the chemistry of happiness and realise our full potential.
- Discover how you can influence: Serotonin - the happy chemical; Dopamine - the chemical of focus, incentive, pleasure and satisfaction; Noradrenaline the chemical of drive, excitement and energy.
Dr Cabot also provides a holistic plan to address all the factors that may be overloading your nervous system.