What is Beetroot Juice?
Consider drinking a glass of Beetroot Juice in the morning! For centuries now, beetroot has been used in the treatment of a range of medical ailments. From digestion-related complaints, to overall health and well-being, the popularity of beetroot as a natural medicine treatment alternative has long been significant. Related to turnips and swedes, and grown in the ground, Beetroot can be best described as having a plain yet slightly sugary taste.
What are beetroot juice benefits?
Regular consumption of organic beetroot juice can provide many health benefits.If you have been wondering what are the benefits of beetroot juice, then beetroot juice benefits include:
- It can increase energy and improve stamina. Regular consumption of this product has been shown to improve plasma nitrate levels and enhance overall physical performance.
- It can help lower blood pressure levels. The nitrates that are present within this product are thought to lower both diastolic and systolic blood pressure levels within those who regularly consume the product.
- It can help treat anaemia as beetroot contains significant levels of iron Symptoms of iron deficiency which can lead to anaemia include headaches, dizziness, fatigue, rapid heartbeat and shortness of breath
- Can improve liver health as beetroot juice contains a cocktail of compounds such as vitamins A and B-6, iron and various antioxidants that are all known to protect the liver from inflammation and enhance the liver’s ability to remove toxins from the body.
- It can help decrease cognitive decline. The nitrate content can increase blood flow in the frontal lobes which can have a positive effect on reducing the progression of dementia in older citizens.
- It can benefit a weight-loss diet. When beetroot is part of an ambient juice drink, where the drink can be stored at room temperature, it is extremely low in calories and close to fat-free which makes it the perfect accompaniment to a weight-loss diet.
- The presence of betaine can alleviate stresses. Betaine is a nutrient that protects cells, enzymes and protein from stress. In addition, betaine can also reduce inflammation and protect your internal organs from harm.
Can you drink beet juice everyday?
The health benefits of beetroot juice are compelling reasons why you should drink beet juice every day. Most people can drink beetroot juice every day without suffering any adverse effects. There are some side effects that you may experience as a result of drinking beet juice daily.
What are the side effects of drinking beetroot juice?
The most likely side effect can be a little disturbing if you are not prepared for it. Drinking beetroot juice regularly can cause your urine and faeces to change colour. The natural pigments in the beets can cause both your urine and stools to turn pink or purple, These conditions are perfectly normal and no reason for alarm.
As beetroot juice can help to lower blood pressure, it is important that people suffering from low blood pressure or taking blood pressure medication consult their doctor before starting to drink beetroot juice.
People with a high risk of developing kidney stones should probably avoid drinking beetroot juice as it does contain high levels of oxalates which are known to aggravate this condition.
When is the best time to drink beetroot juice?
There is no bad time to drink beetroot juice, however many nutritional experts agree that the body is most receptive to the nutrients available from beetroot juice early in the morning.
From an athletic perspective, athletes looking to get optimise their performance by drinking beetroot juice should do so six days prior to the event.
Beetroot Juice Australia
At Buy Organics Online there are a range of beetroot juice Australia products that have been supplied by only the most trusted brands in the health food industry. Consider consuming a beetroot juice to get your day off to a healthier start. Don’t delay, purchase from Buy Organics Online today!