It is because it originates from the same fungus used to manufacture beer that Brewer’s yeast gets its name. Australia should be very familiar with this nutritional supplement. This product is the key ingredient in Vegemite, a beloved national icon and one that most of us have grown up eating at stages throughout our childhood. Yet Brewers yeast on its own provides many benefits to the consumer. It is a rich source of protein, iron, fiber and potassium and is a probiotic which means it helps aid digestion. It is especially rich in chromium as well as in selenium. Additionally, this supplement is a good source of b-vitamins thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pyridoxine, folic acid and biotin. This product is available generally in both tablet and powder form.
When taken in moderation and thanks to the large numbers of nutrients it possesses, Brewer’s yeast can be highly beneficial in tackling many health issues:
- Due to its richness in chromium, which is useful in stabilizing blood-glucose levels, this product can be useful in the management of diabetes.
- Containing a high level of selenium means that it can offer protection against heart disease as well as increasing production of healthy HDL cholesterol whilst reducing levels of LDL cholesterol.
- Thanks to its strong source of b-complex vitamins, this product can promote improved digestion, greater energy and help keep the skin and hair in good condition.
- The high level of riboflavin can have a positive effect on the reduction of migraines. Additionally, the presence of riboflavin can also aid in boosting energy, and ensuring that anemic symptoms like fatigue, weakness and shortness of breath are avoided.
- It can help reduce the risk of diarrhea. This is because a common side-effect to antibiotic use is the development of diarrhea. As a probiotic, brewer’s yeast can counteract the risk of diarrhea in those taking antibiotics.
- In diets lacking in thiamine, disorders of the eye are more common. The presence of thiamine found in this product can help reduce the risk of significant eye conditions such as glaucoma.
Don’t wait, purchase your supply of Brewer’s yeast from Buy Organics Online today!