Consider using buckwheat flour in your next meal. Despite its name, buckwheat flour is not a wheat product at all. It is in fact a seed, originating from a cold climate plant and belonging to the same family as sorrel and rhubarb. As a gluten-free product, it is a favorite of people suffering from wheat allergies, particularly celiac disease.
Due to a rich, toasty, slightly nutty flavor Buckwheat flour is ideal for use in quick breads, pancakes, banana bread and muffins. It is a great alternative to rice and can be used to make porridge. This item is a high-protein, high-fiber alternative to white flour that is rich in vitamins and minerals. Despite being high in carbohydrates it is a low-calorie option due to the low level of fat that it contains. Additionally, this product is also high in protein and high in fiber which makes it a perfect addition to any healthy diet.
Buckwheat flour has been shown to provide many nutritional benefits to living a healthy lifestyle:
- Studies have shown that regular consumption as part of a person’s diet has lowered the risk of developing high blood pressure and cholesterol in study participants.
- The use of this product can lower the risk of diabetes. This is due lower responses of blood glucose and insulin amongst those who consume wholegrains daily.
- Due to its high fiber value, this item can help reduce the risk of gallstones amongst those who regularly consume high-fiber products.
- As a wholegrain, the benefits in eating buckwheat for postmenopausal women is considerable. Studies have demonstrated that consumption of wholegrain products slowed the development of atherosclerosis and stenosis. Both these diseases resulting in the narrowing of vessels and passageways to the heart yet wholegrain products have been shown to slow the progress of such disorders.
- A wholegrain breakfast, such as a porridge, can prevent heart failure. Research in the USA has shown that consumption of products like buckwheat, with their high-fiber content, can have a positive effect in reducing the risk of heart attack.
Purchase from Buy Organics Online today!