What is Noni Juice
Noni juice is a tropical fruit drink obtained from native Polynesian fruit trees known as the Morinda Citrifolia tree. The fruit has been used traditionally by Polynesians for thousands of years. The fruit itself is comparable in appearance to a mango, but smells a little like stinky cheese and has a bitter taste. The juice concentrate is often mixed with other juices to sweeten the taste.
While the fruit has many nutritional benefits, studies have shown that there is significant nutritional variability according to the brand. Buy Organics Online has gone to great lengths to source organic noni fruit juice brands that are rich in nutritional value.
What are the benefits of drinking Noni juice?
The Noni fruit is a wonderful source of nutrition and much of this nutrition is transferred into the juice product. At the very least the benefits of noni juice are that it will contain high levels of vitamin C, biotin and folate.
In addition to being an excellent source of nutrition, consuming noni juice will provide these additional health benefits.
- High antioxidant content, specifically beta carotene and iridoids as well as vitamins C and E. Antioxidants are thought to help combat free radicals in the body and in doing so help with cellular repair. Studies have consistently shown that antioxidant activity can help reduce the likelihood of suffering from chronic diseases such as heart disease or diabetes (1)
- May reduce free radical damage caused by tobacco smoke. Clinical trials shave shown heavy smokers who regularly drink noni juice saw a reduction in levels of two free radicals commonly caused by tobacco smoke. (2)
- May help to improve endurance in exercise - some studies(3,4) have shown extended activity times prior to fatigue for athletes giving credence to the views widely held by Pacific islanders that the noni fruit gave them greater endurance during long voyages.
- Taking noni juice may help to relieve pain, particularly arthritic pain. Noni juice has long been proclaimed to be helpful in pain relief and studies (5,6) now appear to confirm that consuming noni juice may relieve some forms of pain.
- Taking noni juice may help to improve heart health. Two separate studies have confirmed potential health benefits for smokers and non-smokers. Noni juice has been found to help smokers by reducing cholesterol risk factors and lowering inflammation markers(7) Non-smokers can also improve cardiovascular health by taking noni juice as it appears to help in lowering high blood pressure. (8)
- Boosts the immune system. Antioxidants help to boost immune health and studies(9) have confirmed that the immune system benefits from regular noni juice consumption.
How to use noni fruit juice?
Pure noni juice tastes quite bitter and many will find it hard to drink. Many retailers mask the taste by selling noni juice as a juice blend. Many of these commercial products have a lot of added sugar which may counteract the potential health benefits that noni juice offers. To avoid this conflict we suggest that you use pure organic noni fruit juice and create your own juice blend at home. Here are some ideas.
Start by adding pure noni extract to a glass of water. You can then experiment with various combinations like
- Combining it with other common fruit juices like pineapple or other sweet tasting natural juices
- Adding natural sweeteners like honey to the juice blend
- Trying sugar substitutes like stevia
- Adding noni juice to natural smoothie drinks.
Is noni fruit juice safe to use?
Some time ago there was some thought that noni juice may have had some toxic effects on regular drinkers. The European food safety authority investigated the matter and found that noni juice was safe for the vast majority of the population. They reaffirmed the noni fruit's safety in 2009 (10)
As noni juice contains high potassium levels it may not be suitable for people who suffer from kidney disease. Noni juice may also adversely affect medications used to lower high blood pressure and to slow blood clotting. If in any doubt at all, it is wise to consult with a physician prior to drinking noni juice.
Where to buy noni juice?
Buy Organics Online has a wide range of quality organic noni juice products sourced from reputable noni juice suppliers known to provide quality fruit juice products. If you’re looking for a healthy natural juice that has a distinctive flavour then it may be time to try noni juice.
this is an ambient juice product well worth adding to the kitchen pantry. Don’t delay, purchase from Buy Organics Online today!
1. Dietary, circulating beta-carotene and risk of all-cause mortality: a meta-analysis from prospective studies.
2. Antioxidant activity of noni juice in heavy smokers.
3. Morinda citrifolia L. (noni) improves athlete endurance: Its mechanisms of action.
4. Evaluation of the ergogenic potential of noni juice.
5. Comparative study of the effect of Morinda citrifolia (Noni) with selected physiotherapy modalities in the management of patients with cervical spondylosis
6. Morinda citrifolia L. (noni) Improves the Quality of Life (QoL) in Adults with Osteoarthritis 
7. Noni Juice Improves Serum Lipid Profiles and Other Risk Markers in Cigarette Smokers
8. Effects of Acute Consumption of Noni and Chokeberry Juices vs. Energy Drinks on Blood Pressure, Heart Rate, and Blood Glucose in Young Adults
9. The Potential Health Benefits of Noni Juice: A Review of Human Intervention Studies
10. SCIENTIFIC OPINION Opinion on the safety of Tahitian Noni® ‘Morinda citrifolia (noni) fruit puree and concentrate’ as a novel food ingredient.