What is Agave?
Largely located in Mexico, agave is a syrup that is produced from the tequila plant. It is most popularly used as a sugar substitute and is much sweeter in taste. While slightly higher in calories per teaspoon than sugar, agave products are lower in GI and therefore may be beneficial to those with diabetes. Agave is a solid source of iron and contains a good amount of calcium. It is also a good source of zinc.
The benefits of agave products
There are several reasons why using agave in place of regular sugar may be beneficial to your health. These benefits are as follows:
- The high source of iron is of great benefit to your body. Iron promotes the movement of oxygen from the lungs to other areas of the body.
- Organic agave contains a significant amount of zinc. Zinc is a mineral that is essential in the healing of wounds that you may have suffered in the undertaking of daily activities.
- There is a high amount of calcium present in this product. Calcium helps you to build and maintain strong bones while your heart and nerves also need calcium to perform at their best.
- Agave products also contain saponins. These compounds can bind to cholesterol and can help to lower cholesterol levels which can reduce heart disease.
- An ample serving of agave can supply a good amount of fibre that can help alleviate the symptoms that cause constipation.
At Buy Organics Online you can purchase agave Australia products that have been sourced from only the most trusted manufacturers. When it comes to sugar substitutes, you can’t beat organic agave with its rich source of iron, calcium and zinc that can provide many positive health benefits. Don’t delay, purchase from Buy Organics Online and save.