Organic Maca Powder
Rapidly expanding in popularity, organic maca powder originates from the Peruvian plant known as the Lepidium Meyenii. It is a vegetable closely related to cabbage, broccoli and cabbage and has traditionally been used in Peru as a food additive, and to treat a variety of medical ailments. It is found in several colours, ranging from white to black and has a taste that has been described as nutty in flavour. While also available as a liquid extract or in tablet form, the most common type of maca found in health food shops is that of the powdered variety.
Maca powder benefits
There are several benefits on offer to the consumer who regularly digests this product. Some of the maca powder benefits include:
- It offers great nutritional value as it is high in protein, fiber whilst low in fat.
- It provides great benefits in improving sex drive when regularly consumed by both men and women.
- It has also been shown to increase fertility in men.
- There is evidence of a link between the consumption of maca powder and dramatic reductions in anxiety and depression. This is especially the case for women undergoing menopausal changes.
- As a health food supplement it is a very popular choice for athletes and body builders. This is because there is a positive correlation between regular consumption of organic maca powder and increased muscle gain, strength and greater performance.
How to use maca powder
Much like other supplements that are high in protein, there are many ways to consume maca powder. The most common ways are to add it to your breakfast smoothie, cereal, porridge or protein shake.
Maca powder Australia
At Buy Organics Online there are a wide range of organic maca powder products available for purchase that have been supplied by only the most trusted health care suppliers from Australia and around the globe. Don’t delay purchase this and other wonderful maca superfood products from our online store today!