Produced in large quantity in Mexico, agave syrup is cultivated from the tequila plant. It is most commonly used as a sugar substitute and possesses a very sweet flavour. While agave is a little but higher in calories compared to sugar, it possesses a lower glycemic index and is therefore potentially beneficial to those who suffer from diabetes. Agave syrup contains a reasonable amount of iron and is calcium rich. Additionally, it is also a good source of zinc.
Organic Agave Syrup benefits
There are some great reasons why people may want to consider consuming organic agave syrup over traditional table sugar. These benefits are:
- It is high in iron. As iron promotes the flow of oxygen from the lungs to other areas of the body, those who don’t consume enough, can’t make healthy oxygen-carrying blood cells.
- Agave syrup is a great source of zinc. Zinc is a mineral that is crucial in helping to heal wounds that a consumer may have suffered during their daily activities.
- It is high in calcium. This is a huge advantage over traditional sugar because calcium can help you to build and maintain strong bones. In addition, your heart and nerves also require calcium to perform at an optimum level.
- Saponins present in agave syrup can help reduce cholesterol levels that can provide positive health benefits by reducing the risk of heart disease.
- A good serving of this product can provide a healthy amount of fibre. Products that contain fibre can help to reduce the symptoms that cause constipation.
Agave Syrup Australia
At Buy Organics Online there are a range of organic agave syrup Australia products that have been sourced from only the most trusted manufacturers. As a sugar substitute, there are few better than agave. Don’t delay, purchase today from Buy Organics Online and save!