Steel Cut Oats
What are steel cut oats
We all love oats, but exactly what are steel cut oats and how do they differ from the other kinds that we find on the supermarket shelves? Also known as Scottish or Irish oats, steel cut oats are made by chopping the whole groats into several pieces rather than rolling them. Having been performed, the cooking process of this type of oat is the longest and delivers a texture that is chewy and tasty with the shape retained post-cook. Steel cut oats are not only used in porridge, but also commonly used to make meatloaf or congee.
The benefits of steel cut oats
There are some great benefits that come with consuming steel cut oats at breakfast time. These benefits include:
- They can reduce the risk of heart disease. Oats contain a high number of antioxidants that can be of benefit in protecting against cardiovascular disease.
- They can aid in digestion. Due to the rich source of fibre that steel cut oats contain, they can help to regulate bowel movements and reduce the likelihood of constipation.
- They can help balance blood sugar levels. This product is effective at controlling blood sugar levels which helps to reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- They are a great aid to weight loss. Because of their high-fibre content, you will feel fuller for longer which will reduce cravings for less-healthy snacks throughout the day that can add on the calories.
- They can help to reduce blood pressure. A daily serving of steel cut oats can help to reduce blood pressure levels making this a great product for those that suffer from high blood pressure.
Steel Cut Oats Australia
At Buy Organics Online you can obtain a range of steel cut oats Australia products that have been sourced from only the most trusted manufacturers. Don’t delay, purchase this outstanding product from Buy Organics Online today!