Cabot Health Magnesium Ultra Potent Strawberry Powder 200g
Magnesium is a mineral involved in over 300 enzymatic reactions in the body. Magnesium is vital for maintaining overall health. Modern day diets can tend to be deficient due to poor diets, low mineral content in the soil and food processing. This is where a
good quality magnesium supplement could come in handy, to support these vital processes in the body.
What makes our magnesium so unique and superior to other brands?
- Each teaspoon provides a massive 400mg of elemental powder. This provides you with the daily therapeutic dose of magnesium in only one teaspoon.
- We have combined 4 different forms of magnesium in this powder. We have excluded magnesium oxide from our formula as it
is poorly absorbed and can cause a laxative effect.
- It is free from calcium. Magnesium helps the muscles relax, whilst calcium has the opposite effect (contraction). This is not
what you want when you're trying to relax.
- Free from any artificial colours or sweeteners, dairy, yeast, gluten or sugar.
The benefits of Magnesium Ultra Potent:
- Reduce stress - Magnesium helps to relax and calm the nervous system. Stress depletes magnesium stores in the body, making us more susceptible to stress, through a vicious cycle of stress and magnesium depletion.
- Headache management - Several studies have reported that magnesium supplementation can help to relieve headaches.
- Decreased muscle cramps - Electrolyte imbalance is often linked with muscle cramps or spasms. Out of all the electrolytes,
magnesium is the most commonly deficient and is associated with muscular cramps, spasms and tightness. Many people
experience relief from their cramps when supplementing with magnesium.
- Improved sleep - As magnesium helps to calm the nervous system, it is a great supplement to take before bed to help reduce
stress and evoke relaxation. Stress is one of the most common causes of a poor night's sleep, so helping to reduce stress could be beneficial for a restful sleep.
Factors increasing the need for a magnesium supplement:
- Low intake of fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Older age.
- Frequent exercise.
- Muscle cramps and spasms.
- High stress.
Each level metric teaspoon (5g) contains:
Magnesium amino acid chelate 1750mg
(providing elemental magnesium 350mg)
Magnesium ascorbate 210mg
(providing elemental magnesium 13mg)
Magnesium glycinate dihydrate 104mg
(providing elemental magnesium 12.2mg)
Magnesium phosphate pentahydrate 120mg
(providing elemental magnesium 24.8mg)
Total elemental magnesium 400mg
Zinc (as amino acid chelate) 5mg
Gluten free, lactose free, dairy free, yeast free. Free from artificial colours, flavours, sweeteners and preservatives.
Dose & Administration:
1/4 - 1 teaspoon daily, added to water or juice.
1/4 teaspoon daily, added to water or juice.
- Patients should consult with their healthcare practitioner if symptoms persist.
- Excessive doses may have a laxative effect.
- Patients on some orthodox medications should use caution when supplementing with magnesium by taking the magnesium
dose 2 hours before the medication.
- Some orthodox medications that may interact with magnesium include Bisphosphonates (Fosamax, Didronel, Skelid, Actonel), Quinolone antibiotics (Cipro, Levaquin, Ocuflox, Avelox, Tequin) and skeletal muscle relaxants (Tracrium, Nimbex, Mivacron,
Raplon, Esmeron, Pavulon, Norcuron).
- Patients on blood pressure medications such as calcium channel blockers should display caution when supplementing with
magnesium by regular monitoring of blood pressure levels.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
Store below 25°C in a dry place.